English Practice Exercise - 01

1)The ski resorts are usually crowded. There are many people _____ skiing.
a. enjoy
b. that enjoying
c. who enjoy
d. who enjoying


2)Complete the conversation

I am slow to _____.
a. express my opinion
b. express my viewing
c. make my views
d. make my opinion




3)Find the error
The little boy didn't know how to lacing his shoes.
a. The little boy
b. didn't 
c. how
d. lacing



4)"Are there many people?" "No, ______ only one person."
a. there is
b. there are 
c. there isn't 
d. there aren't


5)Sunita's house is _____ the hair salon. Do you think you can find it?
a. along
b. near to
c. against
d. next to


6)He _____ at the library.
a. am not
b. isn't
c. aren't


7)Comprehension Practice 
(woman) I heard the math requirements for graduation are being changed.
(man) Yes. And I may be short one course.
What does the man mean?A. He isn't sure what course to take.
B. The math course is too short.
C. He may not meet the graduation requirements.
D. The graduation date has been changed.


8)Same meaning sentence test:
"Leave my house now, or I will call the police!" Shouted the lady to the man.
a. The lady told the man she was going to call the police.
b. The lady threatened to call the police on the man.
c. The lady shouted at the man.

9)Same meaning sentence test.
I started working here in 1998.
a. I have been working here a long time.
b. I haven't worked here very long.
c. I have worked here since 1998


10)Same meaning sentence test.
Your car is more expensive than mine.
a. My car is not as nice as yours.
b. Your car cost more than mine.
c. My car is cheaper than yours.

11)Comprehension Practice 
(man) Shall I lock up the computer lab now before I go home?
(woman) Don't bother. I'm not leaving for a while, I can check it on my way out.
What will the woman probably do?
A. Lock the computer lab later.
B. Leave with the man.
C. Buy a new lock for the computer lab.
D. Show the man where the lab is.


12)Comprehension Practice 
(woman) I don't like this painting very much.
(man) Neither do I.
What does the man mean?
A. He doesn't like the painting either.
B. He doesn't know how to paint.
C. He doesn't have any paintings.
D. He doesn't know what to do.


13)Homonyms:
Would you like ___ dance?
a. to
b. too
c. two

14)Sight is a sense of what?
A. learning
B. visual
C. rhythm
D. device


15)Word comprehension
offer:
a. reject, not accept
b. tell, to give exchange of information 
c. (something) for (someone) to accept or reject as so desired.



16)Choose the correct verb tense to complete the sentence. 
By the time I'm 50, I ________ a million dollars.
a. will make
b. would make
c. will have made


17)Same meaning sentence test.
The city bus is rather expensive don't you think?
a. I think its expensive to take the bus to the city.
b. Do you agree that the bus cost a lot?
c. Don't you think this city is expensive?


18)I just want to tell you that roller coaster is really _____.
a.terrified
b.terrifying



19)Many students find it _____ to learn English prepositions.
a.frustrated
b.frustrating


20)Which is the correct spelling? Write a sentence using the correct word. 
a.dissapear
b.disappear


21)Choose the correct verb tense to complete the sentence. 
He ________ his granddaughter daily. 
a. calling
b. calls
c. is calling


22)Which is the correct spelling? Write a sentence using the correct word. 
a.noticable
b.noticeable


23)Will / Be Going To 
Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses.
I think he _____ (be) the next President of the United States.



24)Will / Be Going To 
Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses.
A: Excuse me, I need to talk to someone about our hotel room. I am afraid it is simply too small for four people. 
B: That man at the service counter _____ (help) you.





Ans-1- C 
2- a
3-d. lacing = lace 
4-a. there is
5-d.next to
6-b. isn't
7-C. He may not meet the graduation requirements.
8-b. The lady threatened to call the police on the man.
9-c. I have worked here since 1998
10-b & c
11-A. Lock the computer lab later.
12-A. He doesn't like the painting either.
13-a. to
14-b. visual
15-c. (something) for (someone) to accept or reject as so desired.
16-c. will have made
17-b. Do you agree that the bus cost a lot?
18-b.terrifying
19-b frustrating
20-disappear: Sometimes I want to disappear.
21)-b. calls
22)-noticeable : That spot on your shirt isn't that noticeable.
23)-
24)-



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

loading...

Popular Posts

Live Online Visitors

FIND US ON FACEBOOK

Powered by Blogger.